Granite State College president recommended for interim University System of NH chancellor post
The full board will take up the recommendation at its February meeting. Leach, now president of one of the four colleges of the USNH, would fill the two roles pending selection of a permanent chancellor.
"I believe very much in the mission of public higher education and am honored, pending approval of the Board of Trustees, to serve the system as interim chancellor," Leach said. "I look forward to working with the board and the USNH leadership team in continuing to improve efficiencies and further higher educational opportunities for New Hampshire residents."
Leach has not submitted his name as a candidate for the permanent chancellor position. The search process is under way and is expected to be completed this summer. Leach has agreed to serve as interim chancellor until Aug. 31, or the completion of the search.
Leach, who previously served as the senior associate dean and chief academic officer at Northeastern University's College of Professional Studies, developed the first master's degree programs and created the Office of Graduate Studies at Granite State College.
He said: "I was drawn to Granite State College because of the mission of educating people already in the workforce. As a leader in online education, Granite State College has grown 20 percent over the past two years. Ninety percent of our students are working adults and we hope to continue to increase educational opportunities for Granite Staters."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Another View -- Fred Hiatt: Disengage from the world, and this is what happens - 0
- David Harsanyi: Are teachers really underpaid? - 9
- Jonah Goldberg: The U.N. club needs higher standards - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 20
- Deroy Murdock: What if Gaza were San Diego instead? - 1
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 55
- Another View -- Charles Lane: Obamacare and the Constitution - 22
- John Stossel: Why are we giving the police so much power? - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 0
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
- Jays' Stroman stymies Red Sox - 0
- Police seeking help to identify alleged credit card thieves - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
When company comes, opt for variety
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride