All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 3 views left.  Register| Sign In

Home | Public Safety

Official says smoking caused Manchester apartment fire

January 16. 2013 10:50PM

MANCHESTER - Fire investigators blamed careless disposal of smoking materials for the fire in an apartment at the Pariseau high rise on Tuesday.

The fire, which started in Room 210, burned an upholstered love seat and triggered smoke alarms and recently installed sprinklers. Several apartments had to be evacuated, and four apartments were rendered temporarliy uninhabitable.

Meanwhile, police said that the resident of the apartment, Dave Desrochers, 45, returned to the Pariseau about 8:20 p.m. Tuesday, looking to go home. He had been taken to the hospital by ambulance for smoke inhalation.

"He wanted to go back there, obviously, because it's his home," said Sgt. Craig Rousseau. "They said sorry, you can't."

Fires Manchester

More Headlines

Manchester fire displaces 7