action:frontpage | category:NEWS07 | adString:N/A | zoneID:17

Home » News » Public Safety

January 16. 2013 10:50PM

Official says smoking caused Manchester apartment fire

MANCHESTER - Fire investigators blamed careless disposal of smoking materials for the fire in an apartment at the Pariseau high rise on Tuesday.

The fire, which started in Room 210, burned an upholstered love seat and triggered smoke alarms and recently installed sprinklers. Several apartments had to be evacuated, and four apartments were rendered temporarliy uninhabitable.

Meanwhile, police said that the resident of the apartment, Dave Desrochers, 45, returned to the Pariseau about 8:20 p.m. Tuesday, looking to go home. He had been taken to the hospital by ambulance for smoke inhalation.

"He wanted to go back there, obviously, because it's his home," said Sgt. Craig Rousseau. "They said sorry, you can't."


Follow us:
Twitter icon Facebook icon RSS icon
Sorry, no question available

 New Hampshire Business Directory

  

    ADD YOUR BUSINESS TODAY!

 New Hampshire Events Calendar
    

    SHARE EVENTS FOR PUBLICATION, IT'S FREE!

Upcoming Events