Home » News » Public Safety
Official says smoking caused Manchester apartment fire
The fire, which started in Room 210, burned an upholstered love seat and triggered smoke alarms and recently installed sprinklers. Several apartments had to be evacuated, and four apartments were rendered temporarliy uninhabitable.
Meanwhile, police said that the resident of the apartment, Dave Desrochers, 45, returned to the Pariseau about 8:20 p.m. Tuesday, looking to go home. He had been taken to the hospital by ambulance for smoke inhalation.
"He wanted to go back there, obviously, because it's his home," said Sgt. Craig Rousseau. "They said sorry, you can't."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
- Slippery slide makes Monday driving tough - 0
- Epping, Merrimack motorists hurt in Route 125 crash - 0
- UPDATE: Sunapee driver charged in Vermont couple's deaths - 1
- AG finds no new criminal conduct for ex-New London police chief - 4
- Newington accident victim succumbs to her injuries - 0
- Police check out bomb threat at Sanborn Regional High - 0
- I-293 North ramp reopens in Manchester - 1
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 0
- UPDATE: Convicted sex offender turns himself in - 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 1
- UNH's logo: Hip ... for now - 0
- Bears sink Cowboys in frigid battle - 0
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Key NH Dems attend Lantos Foundation event honoring Clinton, White House partiesREADER COMMENTS: 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072