Home » News » Public Safety
Rochester crash injures woman, two children
Police said a slippery road due to the snowstorm was a factor in the crash.
It was one of dozens of fender-benders, rollovers and collisions reported statewide during Wednesday's snowstorm.
Police said Nanette Vaughan of Rochester was driving a 2003 Saturn north on Washington Street just before 7 a.m., heading down the hill near Dry Hill Road when she began to lose control of the car because of the slick road. Her car crossed the center line and was struck on the driver's side by a 1998 Jeep Cherokee operated by Wilfred Dow, 43, of Rochester.
Vaughn and one child were trapped inside the wreckage and had to be extricated by Rochester Fire personnel. After they were removed, they and the other child were all taken by ambulance to Frisbie Memorial Hospital where they were treated for injuries police said were not life-threatening.
Dow and his passenger, Shawn Cota, 33, of Rochester, were not transported from the scene.
Police are reminding motorists to slow down during winter storms and allow extra time to get to destinations. Motorists should also make sure they have extra stopping room between vehicles.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man injured in Ohio helicopter crash - 0
- BAE worker suffers electrical shock, injuries not life-threatening - 1
- Tubers lose contact with group, spend night in wooded area - 1
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 9
- Dozens of ill Keith Urban fans treated at concert near Boston - 0
- Five hikers rescued in separate incidents Saturday - 2
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 5
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Patriots Notebook: Physical Browner brings it - 0
- Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse - 4
- City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us - 1
- Punch line: The NFL blows it - 1
- George Will: A conservative internationalism - 0
- Sox Beat: Red Sox haven't made a deal for Lester — yet - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: The Democrats' cynical impeachment play - 0
- Drew Cline: Home is where the really competent governing is done - 1
- Two GOP heavyweights try to get NH fired up about 2014 elections - 0
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us
Punch line: The NFL blows it
Havenstein says he has always opposed Obamacare, though company he led was paid to implement parts of it
George Will: A conservative internationalism