Home » News » Public Safety
Rochester crash injures woman, two children
Police said a slippery road due to the snowstorm was a factor in the crash.
It was one of dozens of fender-benders, rollovers and collisions reported statewide during Wednesday's snowstorm.
Police said Nanette Vaughan of Rochester was driving a 2003 Saturn north on Washington Street just before 7 a.m., heading down the hill near Dry Hill Road when she began to lose control of the car because of the slick road. Her car crossed the center line and was struck on the driver's side by a 1998 Jeep Cherokee operated by Wilfred Dow, 43, of Rochester.
Vaughn and one child were trapped inside the wreckage and had to be extricated by Rochester Fire personnel. After they were removed, they and the other child were all taken by ambulance to Frisbie Memorial Hospital where they were treated for injuries police said were not life-threatening.
Dow and his passenger, Shawn Cota, 33, of Rochester, were not transported from the scene.
Police are reminding motorists to slow down during winter storms and allow extra time to get to destinations. Motorists should also make sure they have extra stopping room between vehicles.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
- Stove ash blamed for Manchester garage fire - 0
- Derry Battalion Chief calls firefighter son a 'hero' for rescuing two boys from Hood Pond - 1
- Epsom trucker, 65, killed in I-93 crash in Salem - 0
- Two taken to hospital after suffering burns in Wolfeboro house fire - 0
- Crews on scene of accident on I-93 in Salem - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 0
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 0
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 0
- Malkin, Crosby foil Bruins in overtime - 0
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Randy Johnson, Pedro, Smoltz lead HOF ballot
Tough task for NH budget writers
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated
Paul, Christie share lead in primary poll