Home » News » Public Safety
Rochester crash injures woman, two children
Minor crashes pile up as snow blankets New Hampshire
Police said a slippery road due to the snowstorm was a factor in the crash.
It was one of dozens of fender-benders, rollovers and collisions reported statewide during Wednesday's snowstorm.
Police said Nanette Vaughan of Rochester was driving a 2003 Saturn north on Washington Street just before 7 a.m., heading down the hill near Dry Hill Road when she began to lose control of the car because of the slick road. Her car crossed the center line and was struck on the driver's side by a 1998 Jeep Cherokee operated by Wilfred Dow, 43, of Rochester.
Vaughn and one child were trapped inside the wreckage and had to be extricated by Rochester Fire personnel. After they were removed, they and the other child were all taken by ambulance to Frisbie Memorial Hospital where they were treated for injuries police said were not life-threatening.
Dow and his passenger, Shawn Cota, 33, of Rochester, were not transported from the scene.
Police are reminding motorists to slow down during winter storms and allow extra time to get to destinations. Motorists should also make sure they have extra stopping room between vehicles.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 0
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 0
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
- Danville police chief pleads not guilty in firearms case - 1
- Man burned in North Hampton camper fire - 2
- Lost teen hikers found safe in Brookline - 0
- Manchester woman injured in fall from back of motorcycle - 0
- Motorcyclist arrested for driving up to 152 mph - 32
- One hurt, one charged in ATV accident - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Storms knock out power to about 3,600 PSNH customers - 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 0
- American Medical Response back in good graces of key Manchester officials - 0
- Lebanon’s Colette Schmidt captures N.E. girls’ golf tourney crown - 0
- Sixteen make cut at State Am qualifying - 0
- Granite Stater Matt Bonner in position for another NBA title - 0
- Clippers, Celtics resume talks on Doc, Garnett deal - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 0
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Epping man’s hope for working van realized
Traffic stops in spotlight
One era ends, another begins at Union Leader
A Medicaid reduction? That is not likely
Study recommends Millyard parking garage