Home » News » Public Safety
Rochester crash injures woman, two children
Police said a slippery road due to the snowstorm was a factor in the crash.
It was one of dozens of fender-benders, rollovers and collisions reported statewide during Wednesday's snowstorm.
Police said Nanette Vaughan of Rochester was driving a 2003 Saturn north on Washington Street just before 7 a.m., heading down the hill near Dry Hill Road when she began to lose control of the car because of the slick road. Her car crossed the center line and was struck on the driver's side by a 1998 Jeep Cherokee operated by Wilfred Dow, 43, of Rochester.
Vaughn and one child were trapped inside the wreckage and had to be extricated by Rochester Fire personnel. After they were removed, they and the other child were all taken by ambulance to Frisbie Memorial Hospital where they were treated for injuries police said were not life-threatening.
Dow and his passenger, Shawn Cota, 33, of Rochester, were not transported from the scene.
Police are reminding motorists to slow down during winter storms and allow extra time to get to destinations. Motorists should also make sure they have extra stopping room between vehicles.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police ready to make a wardrobe change - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- Derry fire displaces five - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Driver was trying to kill himself
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072