Home » News » Public Safety
Rochester crash injures woman, two children
Minor crashes pile up as snow blankets New Hampshire
Police said a slippery road due to the snowstorm was a factor in the crash.
It was one of dozens of fender-benders, rollovers and collisions reported statewide during Wednesday's snowstorm.
Police said Nanette Vaughan of Rochester was driving a 2003 Saturn north on Washington Street just before 7 a.m., heading down the hill near Dry Hill Road when she began to lose control of the car because of the slick road. Her car crossed the center line and was struck on the driver's side by a 1998 Jeep Cherokee operated by Wilfred Dow, 43, of Rochester.
Vaughn and one child were trapped inside the wreckage and had to be extricated by Rochester Fire personnel. After they were removed, they and the other child were all taken by ambulance to Frisbie Memorial Hospital where they were treated for injuries police said were not life-threatening.
Dow and his passenger, Shawn Cota, 33, of Rochester, were not transported from the scene.
Police are reminding motorists to slow down during winter storms and allow extra time to get to destinations. Motorists should also make sure they have extra stopping room between vehicles.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 5
- Concord police stun, arrest gun rights protester after officer touched on shoulder - 150
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Road to Recovery helps America's heroes - 0
- Valenti Modified Series back at it - 0
- Seabrook scores in OT to give Blackhawks win, series tie - 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 23
- Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox - 0
- Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air - 0
- Fisher Cats drop second straight - 0
- Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez - 0
- Central High student says he was knocked unconscious; police investigate racial motive - 0
Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air
Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off