Home » News » Public Safety
Nashua man suffers burns in incident under investigation by state, local officials
The man in his 30s, whose name fire officials did not release, was found at 3:55 p.m. suffering from burns outside his apartment at 11 Amory St., No. A.
Deputy Chief Michael O'Brien Sr. said the man had severe burns covering 20 percent of his body. He was treated at the scene by Nashua Fire Rescue and AMR ambulance workers and then transported to Southern New Hampshire Medical Center for further treatment.
O'Brien did not know the man's condition Wednesday morning and said it was likely the man was transported to a Boston hospital for further treatment.
He said when firefighters first arrived on the scene, they were told the man suffered the burns at another location. O'Brien said, however, there was evidence of a minor fire inside the man's apartment. O'Brien would not say what firefighters found inside the apartment but police were called to the scene.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation, O'Brien said.
"It's an active investigation," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 10
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester - 3
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 4
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
- Drew Cline: When Republicans turn off Republicans - 8
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too