Home » News » Public Safety
Nashua man suffers burns in incident under investigation by state, local officials
The man in his 30s, whose name fire officials did not release, was found at 3:55 p.m. suffering from burns outside his apartment at 11 Amory St., No. A.
Deputy Chief Michael O'Brien Sr. said the man had severe burns covering 20 percent of his body. He was treated at the scene by Nashua Fire Rescue and AMR ambulance workers and then transported to Southern New Hampshire Medical Center for further treatment.
O'Brien did not know the man's condition Wednesday morning and said it was likely the man was transported to a Boston hospital for further treatment.
He said when firefighters first arrived on the scene, they were told the man suffered the burns at another location. O'Brien said, however, there was evidence of a minor fire inside the man's apartment. O'Brien would not say what firefighters found inside the apartment but police were called to the scene.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation, O'Brien said.
"It's an active investigation," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
- Wakefield woman dies in crash; Rye woman crashes into utility pole - 0
- Wakefield woman killed in Milton crash - 0
- Portsmouth police locate, arrest driver after accident - 0
- Two vehicle crash in Milton ends with one driver sustaining fatal injuries - 0
- Assisted living facility proposed for Londonderry - 0
- Plaistow police chief passes away after battle with cancer - 0
- Fire damages building at Jaffrey transfer station - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bonners host charity music festival in Portsmouth - 0
- He knows the Memorial Wall, name by name - 0
- NH to host New England governors, Eastern Canadian premiers in Mount Washington - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
Despite late start in growing season, North Country's blueberry picking season soon to be here
Alewives and leeches; fireworks in the rain