Home » News » Public Safety
Nashua man suffers burns in incident under investigation by state, local officials
The man in his 30s, whose name fire officials did not release, was found at 3:55 p.m. suffering from burns outside his apartment at 11 Amory St., No. A.
Deputy Chief Michael O'Brien Sr. said the man had severe burns covering 20 percent of his body. He was treated at the scene by Nashua Fire Rescue and AMR ambulance workers and then transported to Southern New Hampshire Medical Center for further treatment.
O'Brien did not know the man's condition Wednesday morning and said it was likely the man was transported to a Boston hospital for further treatment.
He said when firefighters first arrived on the scene, they were told the man suffered the burns at another location. O'Brien said, however, there was evidence of a minor fire inside the man's apartment. O'Brien would not say what firefighters found inside the apartment but police were called to the scene.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation, O'Brien said.
"It's an active investigation," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Parsons re-elected as Danville police chief - 0
- Hooksett voters reject Pinkerton Academy contract - 0
- Sullovan voters amend planning ordinance - 0
- Langdon voters approve school budget - 0
- Hanson, Woodworth winners in Center Harbor - 0
- Farmington residents pass slight increase to school budget - 0
- Bartlett voters elect new town clerk; Cryans wins Executive Council race in town - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Hampstead voters reject school funding - 0
Middlebrooks homers; Red Sox win, lose one
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Manchester schools project budget surplus