Home » News » Public Safety
Nashua man suffers burns in incident under investigation by state, local officials
The man in his 30s, whose name fire officials did not release, was found at 3:55 p.m. suffering from burns outside his apartment at 11 Amory St., No. A.
Deputy Chief Michael O'Brien Sr. said the man had severe burns covering 20 percent of his body. He was treated at the scene by Nashua Fire Rescue and AMR ambulance workers and then transported to Southern New Hampshire Medical Center for further treatment.
O'Brien did not know the man's condition Wednesday morning and said it was likely the man was transported to a Boston hospital for further treatment.
He said when firefighters first arrived on the scene, they were told the man suffered the burns at another location. O'Brien said, however, there was evidence of a minor fire inside the man's apartment. O'Brien would not say what firefighters found inside the apartment but police were called to the scene.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation, O'Brien said.
"It's an active investigation," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua bomb squad deployed, people evacuated after fireworks explosion - 0
- Driver trapped by live wires after early morning crash in Bow - 0
- DWI license revocations - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- Nashua police department adds 8 new members - 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 45
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2014 top 10 list of wage and hour - 0
- Thumbs-up for Ebert's winner - 0
- It's Central, Merrimack - 0
- Goal: Stay healthy - 0
- Year in review: A look back at NH's top stories - 0
- Indecent proposition from New London chief was 'chilling' says victim - 1
- Details of Reams inquiry released - 0
- New Hampshire police part of funeral for slain NYC officer - 0
- Workers' rally to bring back Artie T. captured public's heart - 0
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive
Thoughts as we move from one year to another
Details of Reams inquiry released