Home » News » Public Safety
Nashua man suffers burns in incident under investigation by state, local officials
The man in his 30s, whose name fire officials did not release, was found at 3:55 p.m. suffering from burns outside his apartment at 11 Amory St., No. A.
Deputy Chief Michael O'Brien Sr. said the man had severe burns covering 20 percent of his body. He was treated at the scene by Nashua Fire Rescue and AMR ambulance workers and then transported to Southern New Hampshire Medical Center for further treatment.
O'Brien did not know the man's condition Wednesday morning and said it was likely the man was transported to a Boston hospital for further treatment.
He said when firefighters first arrived on the scene, they were told the man suffered the burns at another location. O'Brien said, however, there was evidence of a minor fire inside the man's apartment. O'Brien would not say what firefighters found inside the apartment but police were called to the scene.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation, O'Brien said.
"It's an active investigation," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Nashua man critical after being hit by box truck - 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinnaRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 1
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- 'Bingo hunting' police use random license plate checks to make arrest - 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0