English organist Tom Bell to perform at South Church
A special public recital will follow beginning at 11:30 a.m. in the sanctuary. A donation of $5 for the recital is suggested.
This is an opportunity to catch Bell on his winter tour in the United States as he arrives in Portsmouth after performances in Manhattan, Washington, D.C., and Philadelphia.
Bell studied with the celebrated concert organist Kevin Bowyer, in Manchester, and Jacques van Oormerssen in Amsterdam, graduating with first class honors at the Royal Northern College of Music in 2006.
Since then he has been very busy performing both classical and contemporary organ music at a variety of venues, from cathedrals to festivals, and will soon be releasing his first recordings. Bell is currently organist and choir master at St. Michael's Chester Square in London's West End.
Bell is passionate about the organ and eager to share his knowledge with others. He teaches a number of aspiring organists at the Royal College of Organists and several other distinguished schools and is the organist for the EtonOrganworks project at Eton College.
Bell also devotes time to public outreach programs for adults and children to educate non-specialists about the organ.
For more information, contact Joanne Connolly at 436-4762.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 10
- Charitable organizations raise money, and lift spirits with Christmas tree sales - 0
- Holiday edition reminder to our readers - 1
- 600 gather for New Horizons soup kitchen, shelter fundraiser - 0
- Conn. school shooting probe ends with gunman's motives unknown - 43
- Railway company proposing Montreal to Portland service through northern NH - 19
- Exeter theater group suspends campaign to save Ioka - 0
- Stained-glass windows get new look at Tucker Free Library in Henniker - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Are Concord school officials right to ban a parent from praying outside high school each morning?
- Total Votes: 466