English organist Tom Bell to perform at South Church
A special public recital will follow beginning at 11:30 a.m. in the sanctuary. A donation of $5 for the recital is suggested.
This is an opportunity to catch Bell on his winter tour in the United States as he arrives in Portsmouth after performances in Manhattan, Washington, D.C., and Philadelphia.
Bell studied with the celebrated concert organist Kevin Bowyer, in Manchester, and Jacques van Oormerssen in Amsterdam, graduating with first class honors at the Royal Northern College of Music in 2006.
Since then he has been very busy performing both classical and contemporary organ music at a variety of venues, from cathedrals to festivals, and will soon be releasing his first recordings. Bell is currently organist and choir master at St. Michael's Chester Square in London's West End.
Bell is passionate about the organ and eager to share his knowledge with others. He teaches a number of aspiring organists at the Royal College of Organists and several other distinguished schools and is the organist for the EtonOrganworks project at Eton College.
Bell also devotes time to public outreach programs for adults and children to educate non-specialists about the organ.
For more information, contact Joanne Connolly at 436-4762.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Bow man sworned in as New Hampshire's Army civilian aide - 0
- Freedom Salute for NH Guard unit is Saturday in Concord - 0
- New squadron operations building at Pease ANG base opens - 0
- Military says ordnance blast killed four U.S. Marines in California - 0
- Pakistani Taliban chief killed in drone strike, possibly scuttling peace talks - 0
- USS Alexandria arrives at Portsmouth shipyard - 0
- Officials say U.S. commandos capture al Qaeda leader in Libya, also raid Somalia - 3
- Russia, U.S. set deal on Syria - 7
- Kerry demands Syria keep its weapons pledge - 31
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Nashua aldermen set to vote on contract for teachers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Let there be Christmas lights - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 0
- Gilmanton library may shut down if it doesn’t get funding - 0
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
New Hampshire Senior News Notes
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
- Are Concord school officials right to ban a parent from praying outside high school each morning?
- Total Votes: 466