English organist Tom Bell to perform at South Church
A special public recital will follow beginning at 11:30 a.m. in the sanctuary. A donation of $5 for the recital is suggested.
This is an opportunity to catch Bell on his winter tour in the United States as he arrives in Portsmouth after performances in Manhattan, Washington, D.C., and Philadelphia.
Bell studied with the celebrated concert organist Kevin Bowyer, in Manchester, and Jacques van Oormerssen in Amsterdam, graduating with first class honors at the Royal Northern College of Music in 2006.
Since then he has been very busy performing both classical and contemporary organ music at a variety of venues, from cathedrals to festivals, and will soon be releasing his first recordings. Bell is currently organist and choir master at St. Michael's Chester Square in London's West End.
Bell is passionate about the organ and eager to share his knowledge with others. He teaches a number of aspiring organists at the Royal College of Organists and several other distinguished schools and is the organist for the EtonOrganworks project at Eton College.
Bell also devotes time to public outreach programs for adults and children to educate non-specialists about the organ.
For more information, contact Joanne Connolly at 436-4762.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Another View -- Cass R. Sunstein: The hidden tax you pay when you wait - 1
- John Stossel: Incumbents almost always win - 0
- George Will: In Georgia, a capitalist struggles - 2
- Jonah Goldberg -- Cure for gridlock: Take hard votes - 1
- Another View -- Marco Rubio: Brown will stop the Obama agenda, put us on a better course - 4
- Another View - Sean O'Kane: Jeanne Shaheen is a friend of NH's tourism industry - 6
- Charles Arlinghaus: How the cult of celebrity destroys our political culture - 3
- Pat Buchanan: How do terror networks win their Western recruits? - 0
- Another View -- Marilinda Garcia: Rep. Ann Kuster has not been a help to NH senior citizens - 8
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Manchester Marathon day to draw about 1,700 runners - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 2
- Patricia LaFrance: For Hillsborough County Attorney - 1
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 6
- Giving Max effort for the Wildcats - 0
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four