English organist Tom Bell to perform at South Church
A special public recital will follow beginning at 11:30 a.m. in the sanctuary. A donation of $5 for the recital is suggested.
This is an opportunity to catch Bell on his winter tour in the United States as he arrives in Portsmouth after performances in Manhattan, Washington, D.C., and Philadelphia.
Bell studied with the celebrated concert organist Kevin Bowyer, in Manchester, and Jacques van Oormerssen in Amsterdam, graduating with first class honors at the Royal Northern College of Music in 2006.
Since then he has been very busy performing both classical and contemporary organ music at a variety of venues, from cathedrals to festivals, and will soon be releasing his first recordings. Bell is currently organist and choir master at St. Michael's Chester Square in London's West End.
Bell is passionate about the organ and eager to share his knowledge with others. He teaches a number of aspiring organists at the Royal College of Organists and several other distinguished schools and is the organist for the EtonOrganworks project at Eton College.
Bell also devotes time to public outreach programs for adults and children to educate non-specialists about the organ.
For more information, contact Joanne Connolly at 436-4762.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- ‘Determined’ Bruins even series - 0
- Fire destroys historic Claremont convent - 0
- Minor injury in crash at Concord airport - 0
- Salem man faces DWI charge after Manchester crash - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'