English organist Tom Bell to perform at South Church
A special public recital will follow beginning at 11:30 a.m. in the sanctuary. A donation of $5 for the recital is suggested.
This is an opportunity to catch Bell on his winter tour in the United States as he arrives in Portsmouth after performances in Manhattan, Washington, D.C., and Philadelphia.
Bell studied with the celebrated concert organist Kevin Bowyer, in Manchester, and Jacques van Oormerssen in Amsterdam, graduating with first class honors at the Royal Northern College of Music in 2006.
Since then he has been very busy performing both classical and contemporary organ music at a variety of venues, from cathedrals to festivals, and will soon be releasing his first recordings. Bell is currently organist and choir master at St. Michael's Chester Square in London's West End.
Bell is passionate about the organ and eager to share his knowledge with others. He teaches a number of aspiring organists at the Royal College of Organists and several other distinguished schools and is the organist for the EtonOrganworks project at Eton College.
Bell also devotes time to public outreach programs for adults and children to educate non-specialists about the organ.
For more information, contact Joanne Connolly at 436-4762.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Arsenault boyfriend's expenses billed to diocese - 0
- Bow police officer continues trek up Mount Everest - 0
- Latest Groton wind farm fight: Snow plowing - 5
- AG to appeal ruling reinstating County Attorney Jim Reams - 3
- Supreme Court: Liquor Commission, trial judge did not follow right-to-know law - 1
- Judge reinstates suspended Rockingham County attorney - 4
- Former Manchester school chief Tom Brennan dies a year after he retired - 6
- Speedway, NH casino called a natural fit, track's GM says - 8
- Federal data shows which doctors reap Medicare millions - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hooksett police charge local man in several BB gun complaints - 0
- Fire destroys Weare home - 0
- High winds cause power outages, fan fires across state - 0
- Downed wires spark brush fire that spreads to Manchester house - 0
- Fugitive nabbed as he checks out the weather - 0
- Bail set for TD Bank robbery suspect in Derry - 1
- Fetal homicide bill stopped in the Senate - 0
- Democrats worry about 'dirty tricks' - 0
- Truck pulls down power line, starts paint store blaze - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
Michigan’s ban: Sotomayor’s ‘disadvantages’