Manchester snow emergency means move those cars or be towed
Any vehicle parked in violation of the snow emergency will be towed to a lot at Derryfield Park, off Bridge Street. To get a towed vehicle back, the owner will be required to present proof of ownership and pay $110 in cash. By certified check or money order, payable to the city of Manchester. That must be done within 24 hours of the vehicle being towed, otherwise be prepared to pay additional towing and storage fees.
The city has two locations available for residents to park their cars during snow emergencies: the Victory Parking Garage at Chestnut and Amherst Street, from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m., and the Pearl Street parking lot, from 5:30 p.m. to 8 a.m. Both have limited amount of spaces available.
A snow emergency is called to allow city crews to plow the full width of the streets, allow access for emergency vehicles as well as parking once the snow emergency is ended.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Concord postpones fireworks to Saturday - 0
- LIghtning strike sends Epping house up in flames - 0
- Weather warnings push fireworks to Saturday in Rochester - 0
- Threat of thunderstorms pushes Dover fireworks to Sunday - 0
- Weather could lead to fireworks postponement in Salem - 0
- Some damage, no injuries when more than 7 inches of rain falls on Lost River area - 0
- Campers stranded, roads damaged in Woodstock downpour - 0
- Slow but sweet start for strawberries and most other NH summer crops - 0
- Fire caused by lightning leaves family homeless, dozens without water in Sunapee - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two vehicle crash in Milton ends with one driver sustaining fatal injuries - 0
- Portland Sea Dogs get past NH Fisher Cats in righty’s first AA start of season - 0
- Keene Swamp Bats edge Sanford in NECBL action - 0
- Manchester's Hanover St. block party kicks off block party season - 0
- Little, MacDonald 1-2 in wild K&N 100 in Loudon - 0
- Kyle Busch focused leading up to Camping World RV Sales 301 - 0
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Hosts hoping for extended Little League district final - 0
- Assisted living facility proposed for Londonderry - 0
Outrageous waste: You overpaid by how much?
Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy
Coco is back in jail, but maybe not for long