Manchester snow emergency means move those cars or be towed
Any vehicle parked in violation of the snow emergency will be towed to a lot at Derryfield Park, off Bridge Street. To get a towed vehicle back, the owner will be required to present proof of ownership and pay $110 in cash. By certified check or money order, payable to the city of Manchester. That must be done within 24 hours of the vehicle being towed, otherwise be prepared to pay additional towing and storage fees.
The city has two locations available for residents to park their cars during snow emergencies: the Victory Parking Garage at Chestnut and Amherst Street, from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m., and the Pearl Street parking lot, from 5:30 p.m. to 8 a.m. Both have limited amount of spaces available.
A snow emergency is called to allow city crews to plow the full width of the streets, allow access for emergency vehicles as well as parking once the snow emergency is ended.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- More than 200,000 New Hampshire customers without power - 1
- Thanksgiving travel a nightmare as storm dumps heavy, wet snow - 3
- Holiday travelers will be heading over the river and through the snow - 0
- Residents in western N.Y. call snow worst in memory - 0
- Slick commute in store for some NH motorists today - 1
- Windy weather whips across New Hampshire - 0
- Leaks fixed, visits resume at Goffstown women's prison - 0
- Storm brings heavy rain, flooding to southern NH - 0
- UPDATED: Flood warning issued for southern NH; leaks force visitation to be cancelled at Goffstown women's prison - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Celtics Insider: Celtics rule Smart out of tomorrow's game against Chicago - 0
- Berube the backbone of Monarchs' team 'D' - 0
- Packers QB Revis will pose a challenge for Patriots - 0
- Hudson may start charging for non-transport ambulance calls - 0
- NH suffers 4th worst outage on record - 0
- Camping out didn't pay for shoppers - 0
- Newsreel: Concord economic forecast; Tech Council hosts forum; UNH Fairchild Dairy honored - 0
- Londonderry-based MegaFood launches transparency project in vitamin industry - 0
- Grant program to help Granite State students with loans - 0
Person found dead in Manchester alley
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
NH suffers 4th worst outage on record
Pat Buchanan: What to make of Ferguson?