Manchester snow emergency means move those cars or be towed
Any vehicle parked in violation of the snow emergency will be towed to a lot at Derryfield Park, off Bridge Street. To get a towed vehicle back, the owner will be required to present proof of ownership and pay $110 in cash. By certified check or money order, payable to the city of Manchester. That must be done within 24 hours of the vehicle being towed, otherwise be prepared to pay additional towing and storage fees.
The city has two locations available for residents to park their cars during snow emergencies: the Victory Parking Garage at Chestnut and Amherst Street, from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m., and the Pearl Street parking lot, from 5:30 p.m. to 8 a.m. Both have limited amount of spaces available.
A snow emergency is called to allow city crews to plow the full width of the streets, allow access for emergency vehicles as well as parking once the snow emergency is ended.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Killer Oklahoma twister razed whole neighborhoods - 0
- Keene Swamp Bats coach: Okla. tornado was close to home - 0
- Survivors pulled from Oklahoma tornado debris as toll falls - 1
- A little rain helps, but fire officials say we need more - 0
- Winter weather affects area schools - 0
- Meteor lights up night sky over eastern United States - 1
- Epping residents upset by tree trimming crew's work - 4
- In snow, many work from home - 0
- 5 a.m. snow day calls not welcome by everyone - 16
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place'
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty