Manchester snow emergency means move those cars or be towed
Any vehicle parked in violation of the snow emergency will be towed to a lot at Derryfield Park, off Bridge Street. To get a towed vehicle back, the owner will be required to present proof of ownership and pay $110 in cash. By certified check or money order, payable to the city of Manchester. That must be done within 24 hours of the vehicle being towed, otherwise be prepared to pay additional towing and storage fees.
The city has two locations available for residents to park their cars during snow emergencies: the Victory Parking Garage at Chestnut and Amherst Street, from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m., and the Pearl Street parking lot, from 5:30 p.m. to 8 a.m. Both have limited amount of spaces available.
A snow emergency is called to allow city crews to plow the full width of the streets, allow access for emergency vehicles as well as parking once the snow emergency is ended.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Powerful storm lashes eastern U.S. with snow, arctic cold - 0
- Forecasters say true to form, March will come in like a lion - 0
- NWS: North Country flooding risk near normal for now - 0
- Device may help solve weighty problem - 0
- Frequent snowstorms taking a toll on Manchester's plowing budget - 1
- After-school activities canceled in New Boston, Goffstown and Dunbarton - 0
- Pembroke extends parking ban - 0
- Latest storm will make it a short day for many students - 3
- Here we go again... Fast-moving storm headed to Granite State - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'