Home » Sports » Basketball » Celtics/NBA
Hornets halt Cetlics' win streak at six
Robin Lopez had 17 points on 7-for-11 shooting and Greivis Vasquez chipped in 15 points and 11 rebounds for the Hornets, who overcame the absence of Eric Gordon (sore knee) to post their sixth win in seven outings.
Kevin Garnett had a team-high 15 points and Paul Pierce mustered just 12 on 5-for-16 shooting for the Celtics, who saw their six-game winning streak come to an end.
New Orleans took advantage of Boston's struggles from the field in the fourth quarter (7-for-23) to pull away. The Hornets also excelled at the free-throw line, finishing 26-for-31.
After Jared Sullinger's jumper brought the Celtics to within four at 75-71, Vasquez scored five of his team's next seven points before Ryan Anderson added a five-point surge.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Exeter teachers were kids' favorites - 6
- Jury overrules panel, awards malpractice verdict in son's death - 21
- Judge continues case against Keene parking meter 'Robin Hoods' - 35
- Teen told no fish story: He's the official derby winner - 0
- Pembroke man's family stunned by his shooting by Manchester police - 0
- New Conway library director coming from Manchester - 0
- Updated: Old Epping cemetery disturbed - 0
- Naturalization ceremony welcomes 26 new Americans - 1
- Pinkerton students pause to remember Lt. Paul DeMeo - 1
READER COMMENTS: 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 2
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time