Home » Sports » Basketball » Celtics/NBA
Hornets halt Cetlics' win streak at six
Robin Lopez had 17 points on 7-for-11 shooting and Greivis Vasquez chipped in 15 points and 11 rebounds for the Hornets, who overcame the absence of Eric Gordon (sore knee) to post their sixth win in seven outings.
Kevin Garnett had a team-high 15 points and Paul Pierce mustered just 12 on 5-for-16 shooting for the Celtics, who saw their six-game winning streak come to an end.
New Orleans took advantage of Boston's struggles from the field in the fourth quarter (7-for-23) to pull away. The Hornets also excelled at the free-throw line, finishing 26-for-31.
After Jared Sullinger's jumper brought the Celtics to within four at 75-71, Vasquez scored five of his team's next seven points before Ryan Anderson added a five-point surge.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Holiday edition reminder to our readers - 1
- 600 gather for New Horizons soup kitchen, shelter fundraiser - 0
- Conn. school shooting probe ends with gunman's motives unknown - 43
- Railway company proposing Montreal to Portland service through northern NH - 19
- Exeter theater group suspends campaign to save Ioka - 0
- Stained-glass windows get new look at Tucker Free Library in Henniker - 0
- State Supreme Court overturns termination of father’s parental rights - 8
- Communication director appointed for Manchester Diocese - 0
- 'Everything flows' from 1st Amendment - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 5
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans