Home » Sports » Basketball » Celtics/NBA
Hornets halt Cetlics' win streak at six
Robin Lopez had 17 points on 7-for-11 shooting and Greivis Vasquez chipped in 15 points and 11 rebounds for the Hornets, who overcame the absence of Eric Gordon (sore knee) to post their sixth win in seven outings.
Kevin Garnett had a team-high 15 points and Paul Pierce mustered just 12 on 5-for-16 shooting for the Celtics, who saw their six-game winning streak come to an end.
New Orleans took advantage of Boston's struggles from the field in the fourth quarter (7-for-23) to pull away. The Hornets also excelled at the free-throw line, finishing 26-for-31.
After Jared Sullinger's jumper brought the Celtics to within four at 75-71, Vasquez scored five of his team's next seven points before Ryan Anderson added a five-point surge.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- John Stossel: Who has true grit anymore? - 0
- Another View: New Hampshire would take a risky bet on casinos - 6
- Ramesh Ponnuru: In flextime fight, liberals play to their stereotype - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Benghazi's smoking guns - 1
- Another View: Nashua does need to conduct its own review of commuter rail - 1
- George Will: Forgetting the lessons of Watergate - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Screeching lies does not count as debate - 2
- Another View: Sen. Ayotte is doing the right thing on gun violence - 22
- Pat Buchanan: Requiem for the Grand Old Party - 6
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Military People: NH woman graduates from Air Force training - 0
- Lebanon College graduates 19 - 0
- Oxbow captures Preakness Stakes - 0
- Plymouth State speaker tells grads to 'Become agents of change' - 0
- Former FBI head tells St. Anselm graduates it is important to give back - 1
- UNH commencement speaker tells graduates: Don't worry about mistakes, learn from them - 2
- Ayotte tells NEC graduates to be passionate about their work - 1
- Antioch University awards 145 degrees - 0
- Message to Nashua Community College grads: find strength - 0
Lawyer says Northern Pass in 'a corner'
Hooksett Police Commission walks away
Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges
NH vote nears on expansion of Medicaid
Nashua school parking surprise