Home » Sports » Basketball » Celtics/NBA
Hornets halt Cetlics' win streak at six
Robin Lopez had 17 points on 7-for-11 shooting and Greivis Vasquez chipped in 15 points and 11 rebounds for the Hornets, who overcame the absence of Eric Gordon (sore knee) to post their sixth win in seven outings.
Kevin Garnett had a team-high 15 points and Paul Pierce mustered just 12 on 5-for-16 shooting for the Celtics, who saw their six-game winning streak come to an end.
New Orleans took advantage of Boston's struggles from the field in the fourth quarter (7-for-23) to pull away. The Hornets also excelled at the free-throw line, finishing 26-for-31.
After Jared Sullinger's jumper brought the Celtics to within four at 75-71, Vasquez scored five of his team's next seven points before Ryan Anderson added a five-point surge.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Bow man sworned in as New Hampshire's Army civilian aide - 0
- Freedom Salute for NH Guard unit is Saturday in Concord - 0
- New squadron operations building at Pease ANG base opens - 0
- Military says ordnance blast killed four U.S. Marines in California - 0
- Pakistani Taliban chief killed in drone strike, possibly scuttling peace talks - 0
- USS Alexandria arrives at Portsmouth shipyard - 0
- Officials say U.S. commandos capture al Qaeda leader in Libya, also raid Somalia - 3
- Russia, U.S. set deal on Syria - 7
- Kerry demands Syria keep its weapons pledge - 31
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Nashua aldermen set to vote on contract for teachers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Let there be Christmas lights - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 0
- Gilmanton library may shut down if it doesn’t get funding - 0
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
New Hampshire Senior News Notes
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use