Home » Sports » Basketball » Celtics/NBA
Hornets halt Cetlics' win streak at six
Robin Lopez had 17 points on 7-for-11 shooting and Greivis Vasquez chipped in 15 points and 11 rebounds for the Hornets, who overcame the absence of Eric Gordon (sore knee) to post their sixth win in seven outings.
Kevin Garnett had a team-high 15 points and Paul Pierce mustered just 12 on 5-for-16 shooting for the Celtics, who saw their six-game winning streak come to an end.
New Orleans took advantage of Boston's struggles from the field in the fourth quarter (7-for-23) to pull away. The Hornets also excelled at the free-throw line, finishing 26-for-31.
After Jared Sullinger's jumper brought the Celtics to within four at 75-71, Vasquez scored five of his team's next seven points before Ryan Anderson added a five-point surge.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua South grads told to embrace lessons from challenges - 0
- Milford High student speaker: 'We will continue to build on the echoes of the past' - 0
- Student remembered by Pelham High's Class of 2013 - 0
- School fellowship key as 220 Pembroke grads receive diplomas - 0
- Central grads told to work hard and enjoy rewards - 0
- Don't miss out, Memorial grads told - 0
- Advice to West grads: Be passionate - 2
- Emotions run high for Campbell graduates - 0
- Souhegan graduates, faculty celebrate - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Storms knock out power to about 3,600 PSNH customers - 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 0
- American Medical Response back in good graces of key Manchester officials - 0
- Lebanon’s Colette Schmidt captures N.E. girls’ golf tourney crown - 0
- Sixteen make cut at State Am qualifying - 0
- Granite Stater Matt Bonner in position for another NBA title - 0
- Clippers, Celtics resume talks on Doc, Garnett deal - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 0
Epping man’s hope for working van realized
Traffic stops in spotlight
One era ends, another begins at Union Leader
A Medicaid reduction? That is not likely
Study recommends Millyard parking garage