Massabesic Yacht Club starts 75-year anniversary events
Margaret Adams, chair of the yearlong celebration, is a longtime member, having joined the club with her husband and two of her children in 1971.
Over the years since its founding, she said, families have continued the founders' ideals by encouraging and promoting the sport of sailing and the art of seamanship.
Adams said the speaker at this Sunday's meeting, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Chateau Restaurant on Hanover Street, will be Matt Mercer, who grew up learning to sail at MYC. The Manchester Central graduate spent his junior year aboard a tall ship that sailed around the world.
Adams said special events are planned throughout 2013 as part of the celebration. The 75th Anniversary Committee is also seeking photos, articles and stories about the club and its activities.
Former members and interested community members are invited to attend Sunday's event hosted by the executive board and the anniversary committee.
For more information about Sunday's event, to contribute memorabilia, or to learn about upcoming events, contact Adams at 668-4993 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Life & Culture
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Flags should be half-staff Monday, Thursday for holiday - 0
- Two seriously injured in head-on crash in Bedford - 0
- Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease - 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Nongame, Endangered Wildlife Program turns 25 - 0
- North Country open for business - 0
- To get away, they come to NH - 0
- Win tickets to see American Idol Live! - 0
- Bach's Lunch Series Concludes in June with Music of Night and Nature - 0
- Open House at Owl Brook Hunter Education Center on June 1 - 0
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease
Win tickets to see American Idol Live!
North Country open for business
To get away, they come to NH
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions
The casino vote: The House did its duty