Massabesic Yacht Club starts 75-year anniversary events
Margaret Adams, chair of the yearlong celebration, is a longtime member, having joined the club with her husband and two of her children in 1971.
Over the years since its founding, she said, families have continued the founders' ideals by encouraging and promoting the sport of sailing and the art of seamanship.
Adams said the speaker at this Sunday's meeting, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Chateau Restaurant on Hanover Street, will be Matt Mercer, who grew up learning to sail at MYC. The Manchester Central graduate spent his junior year aboard a tall ship that sailed around the world.
Adams said special events are planned throughout 2013 as part of the celebration. The 75th Anniversary Committee is also seeking photos, articles and stories about the club and its activities.
Former members and interested community members are invited to attend Sunday's event hosted by the executive board and the anniversary committee.
For more information about Sunday's event, to contribute memorabilia, or to learn about upcoming events, contact Adams at 668-4993 or at email@example.com.
Life & Culture
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Windham Garden Club’s plant sale keeps growing - 0
- Search for Goffstown middle school principal continues - 0
- State Fish and Game rescue Vt. couple off North Walpole trail - 0
- North Country ATV trail opening on schedule - 0
- NH Senior News Briefs - 0
- Pending polygraph, apparent Winni Derby winner says he caught salmon off Welch's Island - 0
- John Harrigan: Time to do what's right for the loon's haunting call in the night - 5
- Mind your (flea-market) manners - 1
- A great day for a road race - 0
Volunteer drivers needed in Windham
North Country ATV trail opening on schedule
NH Senior News Briefs
A great day for a road race
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
43 killers on lifetime parole - but where?