Massabesic Yacht Club starts 75-year anniversary events
Margaret Adams, chair of the yearlong celebration, is a longtime member, having joined the club with her husband and two of her children in 1971.
Over the years since its founding, she said, families have continued the founders' ideals by encouraging and promoting the sport of sailing and the art of seamanship.
Adams said the speaker at this Sunday's meeting, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Chateau Restaurant on Hanover Street, will be Matt Mercer, who grew up learning to sail at MYC. The Manchester Central graduate spent his junior year aboard a tall ship that sailed around the world.
Adams said special events are planned throughout 2013 as part of the celebration. The 75th Anniversary Committee is also seeking photos, articles and stories about the club and its activities.
Former members and interested community members are invited to attend Sunday's event hosted by the executive board and the anniversary committee.
For more information about Sunday's event, to contribute memorabilia, or to learn about upcoming events, contact Adams at 668-4993 or at email@example.com.
Life & Culture
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New Hampshire Club News - 0
- No ‘official’ Winni Derby big carch winner announced yet - 0
- Dunbarton neighbors cry foul over proposed chicken barn - 0
- Meredith’s damaged docks expected to be repaired before holiday weekend - 0
- Salem board votes to hire assistant town manager - 0
- Salem town manager defends contract for Town Hall work - 0
- Windham officials proceed with caution on traffic light debate - 0
- Hooksett school board workshop cancelled after two members leave - 0
- Goffstown board sticks with decision to switch library with classroom - 0
New Hampshire Club News
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands