Massabesic Yacht Club starts 75-year anniversary events
Margaret Adams, chair of the yearlong celebration, is a longtime member, having joined the club with her husband and two of her children in 1971.
Over the years since its founding, she said, families have continued the founders' ideals by encouraging and promoting the sport of sailing and the art of seamanship.
Adams said the speaker at this Sunday's meeting, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Chateau Restaurant on Hanover Street, will be Matt Mercer, who grew up learning to sail at MYC. The Manchester Central graduate spent his junior year aboard a tall ship that sailed around the world.
Adams said special events are planned throughout 2013 as part of the celebration. The 75th Anniversary Committee is also seeking photos, articles and stories about the club and its activities.
Former members and interested community members are invited to attend Sunday's event hosted by the executive board and the anniversary committee.
For more information about Sunday's event, to contribute memorabilia, or to learn about upcoming events, contact Adams at 668-4993 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Life & Culture
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pelham High nurse named School Nurse of the Year - 0
- MAKE SURE IT'S ME Opens at West End Studio Theatre - 0
- Harmonica Master James Cotton forced to postpone May 25 Londonderry Performance - 0
- Our Gourmet: A touch of mystery, flavors of the Orient at Soho in Hudson - 0
- Group continues effort to expand Cotton Valley Trail in Broofield - 0
- For Bedford girl, exploring the world in geography bee a ‘great thing to do’ - 0
- Loon Mountain Resort Unleashes New Obstacles for July 13 Monster Mud Run - 0
- Location Change for N.H. Fish and Game Commission Meeting June 12 - 0
- Jim Beauregard's Tasting Notes: Samuel Adams makes its can debut - 0
Reviving the Piscataqua River Wherry
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs