Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Manchester day camp shed destroyed in arson
The 20-by-30-foot building served a dual purpose: to store the summer camp's ski equipment and as a play structure for children. A slide was attached to it, allowing children to slide down and into the lake.
Erika Connors, who co-owns the 510 Corning Road camp with her husband, Stephen, said a neighbor across the lake spotted the fire just before midnight and called the owners. By then, fire trucks were already en route, she said.
District Fire Chief Michael Gamache said only the skeleton of the building, which was completely in flames, was standing when fire crews arrived.
Weather and access were issues for firefighters, who had to delay their initial attack. Still, crews had the blaze under control in about 15 minutes.
Fire investigators determined the blaze was an arson although they have yet to determine how and where it began.They also do not know if it is related to several other arson fires last summer in that neighborhood but are looking into that possibility.
Total damage, including the building, slide and equipment, is estimated at $30,000.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 0
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 0
- Three boys accused of vandalizing Lakes Region Boys and Girls Club - 0
- Confessed burglar tells investigators pair 'did it for the thrill' - 0
- Bow man robbed at gunpoint near YMCA - 0
- Sex offender sought for failing to register turns himself in - 0
- Raymond man convicted in second sexual assault case - 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424