Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Manchester day camp shed destroyed in arson
The 20-by-30-foot building served a dual purpose: to store the summer camp's ski equipment and as a play structure for children. A slide was attached to it, allowing children to slide down and into the lake.
Erika Connors, who co-owns the 510 Corning Road camp with her husband, Stephen, said a neighbor across the lake spotted the fire just before midnight and called the owners. By then, fire trucks were already en route, she said.
District Fire Chief Michael Gamache said only the skeleton of the building, which was completely in flames, was standing when fire crews arrived.
Weather and access were issues for firefighters, who had to delay their initial attack. Still, crews had the blaze under control in about 15 minutes.
Fire investigators determined the blaze was an arson although they have yet to determine how and where it began.They also do not know if it is related to several other arson fires last summer in that neighborhood but are looking into that possibility.
Total damage, including the building, slide and equipment, is estimated at $30,000.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- “The VA has pointed me in the right direction,” he said. - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
Police say man attacked woman with sword
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424