May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Manchester day camp shed destroyed in arson
When firefighters arrived Wednesday night at Melody Pines Day Camp on Crystal Lake in Manchester, this 20-by-30-foot shed was in flames. (Courtesy)
Footprints lead to arson charge in Manchester day-camp blaze
The 20-by-30-foot building served a dual purpose: to store the summer camp's ski equipment and as a play structure for children. A slide was attached to it, allowing children to slide down and into the lake.
Erika Connors, who co-owns the 510 Corning Road camp with her husband, Stephen, said a neighbor across the lake spotted the fire just before midnight and called the owners. By then, fire trucks were already en route, she said.
District Fire Chief Michael Gamache said only the skeleton of the building, which was completely in flames, was standing when fire crews arrived.
Weather and access were issues for firefighters, who had to delay their initial attack. Still, crews had the blaze under control in about 15 minutes.
Fire investigators determined the blaze was an arson although they have yet to determine how and where it began.They also do not know if it is related to several other arson fires last summer in that neighborhood but are looking into that possibility.
Total damage, including the building, slide and equipment, is estimated at $30,000.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 0
- Man who spent days under Salem woman's trailer recording sentenced to prison - 2
- Man sought for attempting to lure girl into white van near Nashua school - 0
- Lawyer who made porn videos of teenage daughter gets 40 years in jail - 33
- Trial delayed for Epping man charged with shooting romantic rival - 9
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 3
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 1
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place'
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424