All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 2 views left. | Register | Sign In

Pan on unattended stove causes kitchen fire in Dover

DOVER - Firefighters quickly stopped a cooking fire at 10 Freeman Court on Thursday. Firefighters responded to the home after a small fire started when a resident left oil cooking unattended on the stove. The smoke alarm alerted the man, who left the home and was able to call for assistance, according to Deputy Fire Chief Jody Provencher.

While the man was able to escape unharmed, Provencher said the fire damaged the kitchen and caused smoke damage in the room above it.

Provencher said everyone should ensure smoke alarms have fresh batteries every six months and are tested on a monthly basis.


Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow our RSS feed
Union Leader app for Apple iPad or Android *
Click to download from Apple Apps StoreClick to download from Android Marketplace
* e-Edition subscription required

More Public Safety

NH Angle - Public Safety