All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 3 views left.  Register| Sign In


Pan on unattended stove causes kitchen fire in Dover


DOVER - Firefighters quickly stopped a cooking fire at 10 Freeman Court on Thursday. Firefighters responded to the home after a small fire started when a resident left oil cooking unattended on the stove. The smoke alarm alerted the man, who left the home and was able to call for assistance, according to Deputy Fire Chief Jody Provencher.

While the man was able to escape unharmed, Provencher said the fire damaged the kitchen and caused smoke damage in the room above it.

Provencher said everyone should ensure smoke alarms have fresh batteries every six months and are tested on a monthly basis.

.

Post or View Comments 


NH Maple Weekend NH Maple Weekend
All Weekend

Sap Gathering Contest Sap Gathering Contest
Saturday, 10 a.m.

45th Annual NH Camping and RV Show 45th Annual NH Camping and RV Show
Friday, 1-8 p.m.,
Saturday, 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.,
Sunday, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Ales for Tails Ales for Tails
Sunday, 1-5 p.m.

FOLLOW US
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow our RSS feed
Union Leader app for Apple iPad or Android *
Click to download from Apple Apps StoreClick to download from Android Marketplace
* e-Edition subscription required

More Public Safety


NH Angle