action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:67

Home » News » Public Safety

January 18. 2013 12:11AM

Pan on unattended stove causes kitchen fire in Dover

DOVER - Firefighters quickly stopped a cooking fire at 10 Freeman Court on Thursday. Firefighters responded to the home after a small fire started when a resident left oil cooking unattended on the stove. The smoke alarm alerted the man, who left the home and was able to call for assistance, according to Deputy Fire Chief Jody Provencher.

While the man was able to escape unharmed, Provencher said the fire damaged the kitchen and caused smoke damage in the room above it.

Provencher said everyone should ensure smoke alarms have fresh batteries every six months and are tested on a monthly basis.


Follow us:
Twitter icon Facebook icon RSS icon
Sorry, no question available

 New Hampshire Business Directory

  

   » ADD YOUR BUSINESS TODAY!

 New Hampshire Events Calendar
    

   » SHARE EVENTS FOR PUBLICATION, IT'S FREE!

Upcoming Events