Home » News » Public Safety
UPDATED: Heaters looked at in Lancaster Tri-County fire
A dispatcher at the Coos County Sheriff's Office confirmed that the fire was at the Tri-County CAP building at 79 Main St.
She said all available police and fire personnel were at the scene of the fire, which was reported shortly before 8 p.m. Wednesday.
"It's across the street from the theater," he said.
In addition to the Tri-County Cap building, Fuller said a thrift store and apartments on the second and third floor of the building were involved, as was an empty storefront.
In June 1996, a blaze destroyed four Main Street businesses, including the Lancaster Diner and Lancaster Fruit and Deli. Eighteen months later, the owner of one of the destroyed buildings was charged with two counts of arson. After an unprecedented four trials, he was found innocent in 1999. The diner has never been rebuilt and the lot remains empty.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man dies after officer-involved Rochester shooting - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus