Home » News » Public Safety
UPDATED: Heaters looked at in Lancaster Tri-County fire
A dispatcher at the Coos County Sheriff's Office confirmed that the fire was at the Tri-County CAP building at 79 Main St.
She said all available police and fire personnel were at the scene of the fire, which was reported shortly before 8 p.m. Wednesday.
"It's across the street from the theater," he said.
In addition to the Tri-County Cap building, Fuller said a thrift store and apartments on the second and third floor of the building were involved, as was an empty storefront.
In June 1996, a blaze destroyed four Main Street businesses, including the Lancaster Diner and Lancaster Fruit and Deli. Eighteen months later, the owner of one of the destroyed buildings was charged with two counts of arson. After an unprecedented four trials, he was found innocent in 1999. The diner has never been rebuilt and the lot remains empty.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season - 0
- Driver seriously injured in Londonderry wreck - 0
- Dover snowmobiler dies in Barnstead crash - 0
- Most property owners clear hydrants of snow - 0
- Manchester man dies after being hit by car - 0
- Family, pet cats and snake escape Nottingham fire - 0
- Two officers pinpointed in Weare shooting - 0
- School bus slides off road, slams into trees in Deerfield - 0
- For Nashua student walkers, commute may soon be safer - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- College Hockey: Northeastern wins in OT, forces Game 3 with UNH - 0
- NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll - 0
- Pembroke voters OK clock tower face-lift - 0
- Bath Iron Works gets nod for fifth destroyer - 0
- Groveton backs 'Plan B' for town office project - 0
- Dartmouth under fire for response to incidents of rape on campus - 0
- Obama's national security aides meet to discuss Ukraine - 0
- Radio host wants official's lawsuit dismissed - 0
- NH's representatives in Congress join opposition to painkiller Zohydro - 0
Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Online license purchases prove user unfriendly for some hunters and anglers
Auburn native believes in faith and fashion
NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll
Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season
Bath Iron Works gets nod for fifth destroyer
GOP panel stresses teamwork, sincerity