Home » News » Public Safety
UPDATED: Heaters looked at in Lancaster Tri-County fire
This two-alarm fire at the Tri-County Community Action Program building closed Main Street Wednesday night. (Dave Fuller)
A dispatcher at the Coos County Sheriff's Office confirmed that the fire was at the Tri-County CAP building at 79 Main St.
She said all available police and fire personnel were at the scene of the fire, which was reported shortly before 8 p.m. Wednesday.
"It's across the street from the theater," he said.
In addition to the Tri-County Cap building, Fuller said a thrift store and apartments on the second and third floor of the building were involved, as was an empty storefront.
In June 1996, a blaze destroyed four Main Street businesses, including the Lancaster Diner and Lancaster Fruit and Deli. Eighteen months later, the owner of one of the destroyed buildings was charged with two counts of arson. After an unprecedented four trials, he was found innocent in 1999. The diner has never been rebuilt and the lot remains empty.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 1
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
- Mother of Bedford student hit by car says safety should come first on school grounds - 5
- New Farmington police chief continues to build relationships in the community he’s served for 14 years - 0
- Keene police officer on bicycle struck by car - 0
- Antidote carried by NH first responders a life-saver for heroin overdoses - 0
- In neglect cases, indigent parents may lose legal help - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPS driver charged in hit-and-run at Merrimack business - 0
- Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children - 2
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Bella, a chihuahua mix, is still missing in Auburn - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester carpenter, 51, arraigned in Nashua child sexual assault - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 1
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children