In this weekend's Sunday News
In Nashua, a plan to develop a Bridge Street parcel with residential, commercial and recreational features - including a waterfront promenade - has strong support in the community, but one alderman is concerned it would take away a place where youngsters have enjoyed catching some air for the past decade. We'll look into the matter.
Parade: How Latinos are changing America
The country's largest minority group is emerging as a potent political, social, and cultural force. This roundtable of political and business leaders in the Latino community sheds light on how Hispanics are striving to realize the American dream. Also, as President Obama solemnly swears to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States to the best of his ability, try to answer our 10 inauguration trivia questions to the best of yours.
Parade: Inauguration trivia
As President Obama solemnly swears to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States to the best of his ability, Parade challenges you to answer its 10 inauguration trivia questions to the best of yours.
Since Congress cemented a year-end tax deal investors have had a sanguine reaction to stocks. Don't count on it to last. There are a slew of economic gremlins on the tracks ahead that could easily derail the recovery, including the debt ceiling and an extremely fragile economy. Business
Travel: The real Downton Abbey
Fans of PBS' "Downton Abbey" can't get enough of the series, which follows the lives of those above and below stairs in a turn-of-the-century manor house in the British countryside. What many fans don't know, however, is Downton Abbey is "real." The series is filmed at Highclere Castle, currently owned and occupied by the eighth earl of Carnarvon and his wife. The castle is open for tours.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- George Will: Regulatory overkill everywhere - 0
- Another View -- Marilinda Garcia: Ann Kuster loves Obamacare but won't pay for it - 33
- John Stossel: Earth Day is more like Earth Daze - 3
- Drew Cline: Rand Paul's coalition vs. Ted Cruz's army - 5
- Another View -- Jeff Goley and Will Infantine: Time for an increase in weekly benefits for NH unemployed - 4
- George Will: Understanding our divisions - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Attorney General Eric Holder's race card - 0
- Another View -- Bobby Jindal: NH should trust parents to choose schools - 14
- Charles Arlinghaus: A $400 million hole was just blown in the state budget - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare