In this weekend's Sunday News
In Nashua, a plan to develop a Bridge Street parcel with residential, commercial and recreational features - including a waterfront promenade - has strong support in the community, but one alderman is concerned it would take away a place where youngsters have enjoyed catching some air for the past decade. We'll look into the matter.
Parade: How Latinos are changing America
The country's largest minority group is emerging as a potent political, social, and cultural force. This roundtable of political and business leaders in the Latino community sheds light on how Hispanics are striving to realize the American dream. Also, as President Obama solemnly swears to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States to the best of his ability, try to answer our 10 inauguration trivia questions to the best of yours.
Parade: Inauguration trivia
As President Obama solemnly swears to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States to the best of his ability, Parade challenges you to answer its 10 inauguration trivia questions to the best of yours.
Since Congress cemented a year-end tax deal investors have had a sanguine reaction to stocks. Don't count on it to last. There are a slew of economic gremlins on the tracks ahead that could easily derail the recovery, including the debt ceiling and an extremely fragile economy. Business
Travel: The real Downton Abbey
Fans of PBS' "Downton Abbey" can't get enough of the series, which follows the lives of those above and below stairs in a turn-of-the-century manor house in the British countryside. What many fans don't know, however, is Downton Abbey is "real." The series is filmed at Highclere Castle, currently owned and occupied by the eighth earl of Carnarvon and his wife. The castle is open for tours.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Gilles Bissonnette: To keep Libertarians off the ballot, NH violates their rights - 0
- Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's counterweight to a strong central government - 0
- Tom Woodlock All-Stars primed for success in Babe Ruth tournament - 0
- Manchester waives right to buy Millyard building - 0
- Police search for missing Stratford woman - 0
- Blue Jays cool off Red Sox - 0
- Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover - 0
- Manchester panel OKs new academic standards, despite Common Core criticism - 0
Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover
Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's