In this weekend's Sunday News
In Nashua, a plan to develop a Bridge Street parcel with residential, commercial and recreational features - including a waterfront promenade - has strong support in the community, but one alderman is concerned it would take away a place where youngsters have enjoyed catching some air for the past decade. We'll look into the matter.
Parade: How Latinos are changing America
The country's largest minority group is emerging as a potent political, social, and cultural force. This roundtable of political and business leaders in the Latino community sheds light on how Hispanics are striving to realize the American dream. Also, as President Obama solemnly swears to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States to the best of his ability, try to answer our 10 inauguration trivia questions to the best of yours.
Parade: Inauguration trivia
As President Obama solemnly swears to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States to the best of his ability, Parade challenges you to answer its 10 inauguration trivia questions to the best of yours.
Since Congress cemented a year-end tax deal investors have had a sanguine reaction to stocks. Don't count on it to last. There are a slew of economic gremlins on the tracks ahead that could easily derail the recovery, including the debt ceiling and an extremely fragile economy. Business
Travel: The real Downton Abbey
Fans of PBS' "Downton Abbey" can't get enough of the series, which follows the lives of those above and below stairs in a turn-of-the-century manor house in the British countryside. What many fans don't know, however, is Downton Abbey is "real." The series is filmed at Highclere Castle, currently owned and occupied by the eighth earl of Carnarvon and his wife. The castle is open for tours.
READER COMMENTS: 12
- Another View -- Cass R. Sunstein: The hidden tax you pay when you wait - 1
- John Stossel: Incumbents almost always win - 0
- George Will: In Georgia, a capitalist struggles - 2
- Jonah Goldberg -- Cure for gridlock: Take hard votes - 1
- Another View -- Marco Rubio: Brown will stop the Obama agenda, put us on a better course - 6
- Another View - Sean O'Kane: Jeanne Shaheen is a friend of NH's tourism industry - 7
- Charles Arlinghaus: How the cult of celebrity destroys our political culture - 3
- Pat Buchanan: How do terror networks win their Western recruits? - 0
- Another View -- Marilinda Garcia: Rep. Ann Kuster has not been a help to NH senior citizens - 8
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- 'Bingo hunting' police use random license plate checks to make arrest - 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0