In this weekend's Sunday News
In Nashua, a plan to develop a Bridge Street parcel with residential, commercial and recreational features - including a waterfront promenade - has strong support in the community, but one alderman is concerned it would take away a place where youngsters have enjoyed catching some air for the past decade. We'll look into the matter.
Parade: How Latinos are changing America
The country's largest minority group is emerging as a potent political, social, and cultural force. This roundtable of political and business leaders in the Latino community sheds light on how Hispanics are striving to realize the American dream. Also, as President Obama solemnly swears to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States to the best of his ability, try to answer our 10 inauguration trivia questions to the best of yours.
Parade: Inauguration trivia
As President Obama solemnly swears to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States to the best of his ability, Parade challenges you to answer its 10 inauguration trivia questions to the best of yours.
Since Congress cemented a year-end tax deal investors have had a sanguine reaction to stocks. Don't count on it to last. There are a slew of economic gremlins on the tracks ahead that could easily derail the recovery, including the debt ceiling and an extremely fragile economy. Business
Travel: The real Downton Abbey
Fans of PBS' "Downton Abbey" can't get enough of the series, which follows the lives of those above and below stairs in a turn-of-the-century manor house in the British countryside. What many fans don't know, however, is Downton Abbey is "real." The series is filmed at Highclere Castle, currently owned and occupied by the eighth earl of Carnarvon and his wife. The castle is open for tours.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Thomas Sowell: Liberal urban police policies won't quell riots - 0
- Another View -- Frank Guinta: I am uniquely qualified to represent NH in Congress - 11
- Deroy Murdock: The indictment of Rick Perry is bizarre and unfounded - 0
- Another View - Marc Champion: A strong terror policy would cure Obama's golf woes - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Obama confuses the TV world with the real one - 2
- George Will: In defense of the defenders - 0
- Roger Simon: Is Ferguson the future? - 0
- Charles Krauthammer: Stopping the worst people on earth - 0
- Lynn Preston's NH Legal Perspectives: What prospective real estate purchasers need to know - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester brothers arrested after drive-by shooting in Nashua - 0
- Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon - 0
- Headlight out leads to pot charges for Merrimack teen and her passenger - 0
- Betsy McCaughey: Congress should take the lead on Iraq - 2
- Too much FahrvergnŘgen: Nashua man charged with indecent exposure while driving - 2
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Garcia to air her first TV ad - 0
- Boston Red Sox hammer Jays for seven runs in 11th, win 11-7 - 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate