Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports Roundup: NHTI now 19-1 after easy win
Terry Williams scored 12 points and Pembroke's Nick Porter grabbed 12 rebounds to help NHTI improve to 19-1 on the season. The Lynx host Massasoit Community College on Saturday.
Dartmouth 80, Colby-Sawyer 42: Junior Tyler Melville had a season-high 16 points and sophomore Gabas Maldunas added 14 in a win for host Dartmouth College (4-11) at Leede Arena in Hanover. Kyle Nelson led Colby-Sawyer (5-9) with 11 points, including three 3-pointers.
Emerson 57, Rivier 56: Bow's Tom Poitras had a game-high 25 points for Rivier University, but a last-second lay-in by Brian Hurley lifted Emerson College to a win in Nashua. Nick Walch recorded a double-double with 10 points and 11 rebounds and Nashua's Mike Polley chipped in with nine points for the Raiders (6-9, 2-6 in the GNAC).
Newbury 85, Daniel Webster 68: Londonderry's David Feinstein and Daris Cosby each scored 11 for Daniel Webster in a loss to Newbury in Nashua. Dave Schindewolf had 10 points and Hector Heredia added seven for the Eagles (5-10, 1-5 in NECC).
Newbury 57, Daniel Webster 56: Manchester's Ashley Giampetruzzi had a game-high 23 points for Daniel Webster in a home loss to Newbury in Nashua. Vanessa Bosques grabbed 11 rebounds and Emily Travis had eight points and five steals for the Eagles (4-10, 4-3 in NECC).
READER COMMENTS: 69
- Ignorance abounds: Obamacare and small businesses - 25
- Mayor development: Growth and a Manchester city office - 1
- Page One Editorial: Control of NH’s future: Today’s House vote will be one for the ages - 17
- Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands - 9
- Missing the point: The IRS scandal and state power - 27
- Helping panhandlers: A method worth trying in Manchester - 7
- For the people: A century of the NH primary - 0
- What innovation? The casino way is the lazy way - 10
- Not so merry: Giving Robin Hood a bad name - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Franklin Pierce opens D-II World Series with win - 0
- Fisher Cats stop New Britain in completion of suspended game - 0
- Red Sox rally in eighth inning to clip Cleveland - 0
- NH's Locke wins again for Pirates; now 5-1 on year - 0
- No one injured in Manchester police cruiser crash - 0
- Animal Rescue League names Volunteer of Year - 0
- NH Business People: State Motors receives top dealer honor - 0
- Exeter company launches refrigerated dog food line - 0
- Gorham mill's new CEO aims for niche market - 0
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions
Memorial Day services, events around NH