Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Man charged with assaulting ill 3-year-old
Christopher Faint, 21, is facing two felony second degree assault charges and one count of endangering the welfare of a child, after he abused the child over the course of nine hours on Jan. 8, according to court documents.
According to the arrest warrant issued for Faint on Jan. 15 on file at the 9th Circuit Court in Milford, Faint and his girlfriend, Anne Marie Blais, were sleeping around 2 a.m. on Jan. 8 when they heard a cry come from Blais' son's room. Faint went to check on the child who had been suffering from a stomach virus and found that the child had soiled his pants. Faint cleaned the child and put him back to bed.
When the child soiled himself a second time, Faint went to his room and started screaming at him before again cleaning him and putting him back to bed. The third time the child soiled himself, Faint became "furious," according to court documents, screaming at the child and calling him "stupid." He then shoved the child into an ice-cold shower, the documents said, causing the child to scream.
Following the shower, Faint allegedly brought the boy to his room and his mother told police she heard "thumps." Blais went to the child's room and found her son standing in his underwear "freezing." She got him dressed and put him to bed, but the child had another accident.
Faint reportedly repeated the ice-cold shower routine and at some point threw the child against the bathtub wall, hit him in the face, arms and groin, and choked the child. In the court documents, the child reportedly told police that Faint had held his neck until he couldn't breathe and smashed his head against the house.
The following day, Blais took the child to his doctor and an exam showed that the child had abrasions and bruises all over his face and body. The doctor's staff took photos of the injuries and police and the Child Advocacy Center were called in.
"An assault like this on a defenseless child, especially one who is sick, is really troubling," said Milford Police Prosecutor Michael McCall.
Faint is currently being held on $30,000 cash bail at Valley Street Jail in Manchester until his probable cause hearing on Jan. 28 at 9 a.m. in Milford.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Driver overdosing on heroin causes crash - 0
- Hill sex offender arrested for 2012 arson of own home in Northfield - 0
- Deliberations begin in trial of former Derry man accused of sex assault - 0
- Mazzaglia pleads guilty to devising escape plan - 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bedford used pick-six to beat Central - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bishop Guertin completes miracle, makes playoffs with win over Nashua South - 0
- NHIAA Football Roundup: Souhegan closes out season with a win - 0
- NHIAA Football: Londonderry edges Salem in wild finish - 0
Hockey brought them together; Hooksett ice rink will serve as NH couple's 'church' for wedding
NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
Dartmouth women skaters beat Union
Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483