May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Care provider accused of sexually assaulting mentally disabled client
Portsmouth police say man sexually assaulted disabled person in his care
John C. Riley, 41, of 1147 White Mountain Highway, was arraigned Friday morning in the 10th Circuit Court in Seabrook on charges of aggravated felonious sexual assault, kidnapping and indecent exposure.
According to a police affidavit, Riley was working for Living Innovations, an agency that provides support for the elderly and people with developmental disabilities, when he allegedly performed a sex act on a 35-year-old male client who was in his care. The affidavit said the incident occurred on Nov. 2, 2012, following a Halloween-themed dance held at Living Innovations' offices at 1950 Lafayette Road in Portsmouth.
Police said Riley stopped at the parking lot of a Home Depot at 100 Arthur Brady Drive in Portsmouth on the way home and performed a sex act on the man against his will. Before the alleged assault, police said Riley showed the victim nude pictures of himself on his cell phone.
Police prosecutor Dave Colby said Riley is a danger to the community and asked that bail remain at $30,000 cash and $35,000 personal recognizance.
Judge Mark Weaver accepted the bail recommendation during Riley's arraignment via video from the Rockingham County jail.
"The state has fear there are other potential victims out there," Colby told the judge.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 0
- Man who spent days under Salem woman's trailer recording sentenced to prison - 2
- Man sought for attempting to lure girl into white van near Nashua school - 0
- Lawyer who made porn videos of teenage daughter gets 40 years in jail - 33
- Trial delayed for Epping man charged with shooting romantic rival - 9
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 3
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 1
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place'
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424