Monarchs edge past Worcester
Toffoli, named to the American Hockey League All-Star Game earlier in the week, beat Sharks goalie Harri Sateri at 18:48 of the third period.
Worcester forward Jon Matsumoto scored the only goal of the first period, notching his 12th goal of the season. The Sharks held a 1-0 lead until the eighth minute of the second period. Monarchs centerman Linden Vey, with assists from Brandon Kozun and Tanner Pearson, beat Sateri. Vey had a goal and an assist for the Monarchs (18-17-2-2), who host Providence tonight at 7 at Verizon Wireless Arena. The Monarchs also host Portland on Sunday at 3 p.m.
Goalie Martin Jones returned for the Monarchs, saving 28 of 29 shots. Sateri saved 16 of 19 shots for the Sharks, who dropped to 19-16-1-3. In a physical battle, the division foes began swapping punches in the opening seconds of the game. Andy Andreoff, who earned a three-game suspension earlier this month for a hit to the head of Worcester's Curt Gogol, dropped the gloves with Jimmy Bonneau. Justin Johnson also had a fight with Bonneau. Neither team scored on the power play in the contest.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Air Force to open recruitment office in Bedford June 6 - 0
- Soldier from Pelham remembered for self-sacrifice - 0
- Obama limits drone strikes in shift from constant war footing - 0
- Cause of death for Army Ranger from Derry as yet undetermined - 0
- NH Military People: NH woman graduates from Air Force training - 0
- 'Known or suspected' terrorists vanish - 0
- 'Honor' flag for veterans fuels debate - 7
- House panel hears account of Benghazi attack - 4
- N.H. journalist held in Syria believed to be in detention center - 2
READER COMMENTS: 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 2
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time