NH Military People
Air National Guard Airman 1st Class Daniel J. Maffee has graduated from the Fire Protection Apprentice Course at the Louis F. Garland Fire Academy, Goodfellow Air Force Base, San Angelo, Texas.
Service members from all branches of the military are trained to be firefighters during this 13-week course.
Maffee is a firefighter apprentice assigned to the 157th Air Refueling Wing at Pease Air National Guard Base, Newington.
Maffee, the grandson of Barbara Maffee of Nashua, is a 2003 of Nashua High School. He received an associate of science degree in 2007 from Hesser College, Manchester.
5 men from NH graduate from Air Force training
Air Force Airmen Nicholas R. Hanlon and Michael B. Locke, Air National Guard Airman 1st Class Christopher Poulin, Air National Guard Airman Wesley W. Smith and Air Force Reserve Airman Nicholas J. Karos graduated from basic military training at Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio, Texas.
They completed an eight-week program that included training in military discipline and studies, Air Force core values, physical fitness, and basic warfare principles and skills.
Hanlon, who earned distinction as an honor graduate, is the son of Edward Hanlon of Amherst and Jane Hanlon of Milford. He is a 2012 graduate of Milford High School.
Locke, the son of Linda Locke of Nashua, is a 2011 graduate of Alvirne High School, Hudson.
Poulin is the son of Janet Poulin and Alan Poulin, both of Manchester. He is a 2012 graduate of Manchester Memorial High School.
Smith, the son of David and Deborah Smith of Goffstown, is a 2003 graduate of Goffstown Area High School. He received an associate degree in 2007 from Hesser College, Manchester.
Karos, the son of Sharon Karos of Nashua, is a 2008 graduate of Nashua High School South.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.