Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Dover man apprehended Friday following road rage incident
DOVER – Police arrested a Winter Street man Friday in connection with a rolling road rage incident which began in Farmington, continued into Milton and ended in Middleton Thursday evening.
Joshua Hussey, 21, of 22 Winter St., was charged with two felonies – reckless conduct and criminal liability for the conduct of another – based on the alleged road rage.
The incident began along Main Street – Route 153 - in Farmington Thursday, when Hussey and an unidentified man allegedly threatened two others with a baseball bat and a chainsaw, according to Middleton police.
Police responded to Route 153 around 8:30 p.m. after receiving a report that Hussey and the other person were allegedly chasing a vehicle with two other people through Farmington, Milton and into Middleton while attempting to force two other people of the road, according to Middleton police.
The two people also told police that Hussey’s passenger was allegedly attempting to break their windows – while traveling along Route 153 – using a long pole with a knife attached to the end, according to Middleton police.
Members of Farmington, Milton, New Durham and N.H. State Police also responded to the area to apprehend Hussey’s vehicle, but their attempts to “make contact with this rolling road rage incident” were unsuccessful, according to Middleton police.
The two people eventually drove to the Farmington Police Station while Hussey and the other man left the area. After Middleton police interviewed the two people, a warrant was issued for Hussey, according to police.
Since deadly weapons were allegedly used, reckless conduct and criminal liability for conduct of another are both Class B felonies, which are punishable by a maximum sentence of 3½ to7 years in prison for each charge, according to Middleton police.
Hussey was arraigned in the 7th Circuit Court in Rochester Friday. He was released on $5,000 personal recognizance and was ordered to have no contact with the victims, according to Middleton police.
As police continue to investigate the matter, additional arrests may occur and more charges may be filed, according to Middleton police.
Anyone with information about the incident, especially about the identity of Hussey’s passenger, is encouraged to contact Middleton police at (603) 473-8548.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth Herald sports editor accused of possessing child porn - 0
- Some sex assault charges dismissed against former Nashua coach - 0
- Jury deliberating in Plaistow lawyer’s sex assault trial - 0
- Former Manchester teacher jailed for assaulting student, 6, with soap, pepper - 2
- Derry woman faces charges after nearly hitting Salem police officers - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: City man accused of menacing woman, assaulting teen - 0
- Dover man sought in Rochester shooting - 3
- Convicted sex offender faces porn charges - 1
- Lawyer takes stand in his own defense at sex assault trial - 0
READER COMMENTS: 5
- Plaistow lawyer found not guilty on all charges in sex assault case - 0
- Vehicle crash on South Willow Street injures two - 0
- Manchester woman accidentally rolls car into Candia pond - 0
- Havenstein says he has always opposed Obamacare, though company he led was paid to implement parts of it - 3
- Meriam Ibrahim, Sudanese family arriving in Manchester tonight - 2
- Pembroke couple recovering from injuries in Dixville ATV crash - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Physical Browner brings it - 0
- Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse - 8
- City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us - 4
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us
Punch line: The NFL blows it
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917