Home » News » Public Safety
Mass. woman hurt in Franconia Notch snowmobile crash
According to the state Fish and Game Department, Lisa Gusmini, 48, of Holliston, Mass., was traveling with a snowmobile tour group out of Lincoln when she lost control of her rented machine, hit a rock and was ejected.
Rescuers from Cannon Mountain Ski Patrol responded to the scene and transported Gusmini to a waiting ambulance. After she was stabilized in the ambulance, she was flown on a DHART helicopter to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center for treatment, officials said.
Fish and Game cited operator inattention and inexperience as factors that contributed to the crash, which happened around 9:30 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Five hikers rescued in separate incidents Saturday - 2
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 3
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 2
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
- Salem family ldisplaced by house fire - 0
- Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health - 17
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Hassan vetoes bill to impose 'politeness' standards on public employees - 0
- Jailed man faces new charge for allegedly contacting witness - 0
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 6
- Nashua man arrested in Brookline stabbing - 0
- Cumberland Farms robbed; third store hit this month in Rochester - 0
- E-cigarettes find a market in NH - 2
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 5
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 5
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
Gorham man arrested for kidnapping Abigail
Voting in NH: Not just for NH residents
LNG plant put 'on hold'