Home » News » Public Safety
Three injured in two Pittsburg snowmobile crashes
Fish & Game officers also investigated a second Pittsburg snowmobile accident Friday night that left an Epsom woman with a facial injury.
David L. Batzdorf, 56, of Candia and William Lincoln, 34, of Nashua were riding in a large group of snowmobilers at midafternoon Friday on Trail 141 in the East Branch area of Indian Stream in New Hampshire’s northernmost town when they collided, Fish & Game officer Chris Egan said in a news release.
Members of Pittsburg Fire and Rescue, along with the Beecher Falls, Vt., firefighters and 45th Parallel EMS also responded, according to Egan.
“It appears that solar glare and snow dust played a role in the incident, and alcohol was not a factor,” Egan said in the release.
Batzdorf was flown from the scene to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon where he was listed Saturday in stable condition, according to a DHMC spokeswoman.
Lincoln was transported from the scene by rescue sled, and was later flown to Central Maine Medical Center in Lewiston, where he was listed Saturday in good condition and was later discharged, a CMMC spokeswoman said.
At about 9 p.m. Friday, Fish & Game officers responded to a single snowmobile crash on Trail 139 in Pittsburg. Tracy Freeman, 48, of Epsom, sustained a facial injury after she failed to negotiate a sharp curve on the trail and struck some small trees, according to Egan.
Freeman was treated for her injuries at Upper Connecticut Valley Hospital in Colebrook, and officers determined that alcohol was not a factor in the crash.
“Though excessively high speeds do not appear to have been factors in these two incidents, they should serve as reminders for all riders to be prepared to adjust for changeable trail conditions at all times,” wrote Egan.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man who died jumping off bridge to escape heat identified - 0
- Pit bull owner sought in fatal attack on another dog near Tuckerman Ravine - 5
- Man's body pulled from Merrimack River - 0
- Free gun lock giveway begins Sept. 1 in Conway - 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
READER COMMENTS: 1
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats manager Meacham learned a few things, too - 0
- First and 10: Old No. 1 begins as new No. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Preview: All eyes on Bedford, Exeter - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 0
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 1
- No paper Monday - 0
- Patriots' Garoppolo solid, but Giants eke out 16-13 win in preseason finale - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test